– Apple, avocado, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumber, fresh green leafy vegetables, ginger, garlic, onions, turmeric, plums, red grapes, pears and pineapple. Look out for foods that are labeled “anti-inflammatory”. Essential fatty acids like flaxseed oil, borage seed oil, evening primrose oil are also necessary
(When taking any of the above, there may be initial pains due to the cleansing effect of these superior foods. STOP if the pain becomes severe)
– Pineapple juice contains Bromelain, and is a good anti-inflammatory food but drink only freshly squeezed juice. Canned or frozen pineapple juices have lost this pain-reducing enzymes
– Bromelain supplements may also help relieve arthritis pain, while you continue to eat healthy fresh foods towards your healing
* AVOID/REDUCE: Acid-forming foods: Animal protein, dairy products, deep-fried foods, cooked foods, processed/refined foods, oily foods, medication, flour and sugar products, salty foods, artificial food additives, soft drinks and alcohol. Plant proteins are also acid-forming but are more easily assimilated when compared to animal proteins. Plant foods to avoid: citrus fruits, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes
* Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints. It is a degenerative condition due to OVER-ACIDITY of the blood that corrodes the cartilage in the joints–usually at the knees, wrists, elbows, fingers, toes, hips, shoulders, neck and the joints between the bones of the spine. Common forms of arthritis: Gout, bursitis, tendinitis, Carpal Tunnel, Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis — mit Jo Macalalag.